Pray With Us
Hanoi Bible College | Hanoi, Vietnam
The Evangelical Church of North Vietnam (ECVN) currently has over 1,200 churches and meetings points with over 170,000 believers (95% of which are ethnic minorities). There are just under 500 ordained pastors and evangelists. The need to train church leaders is urgent.
The majority ethic group, the Viet Kinh (85% of the population) is still unreached in the North. Among the 80 million Viet Kinh, approximately 0.5% are protestant Christian. However, the distribution is very uneven: about 1% in the southern churches but only 0.05% in the north. Churches are being planted in Hanoi that are trying to reach them. This ethnic group is the new growing middle and upper class of professionals. Some HBC grads and students are involved in churches like this.
- For the 3rd batch of HBC graduates (June 2022)
- Thanksgiving for HBC’s growth from 25 students (2013) to 85 students (2022)
- For the hope to graduate ~200 Bachelor of Theology students by 2025
Arab Baptist Theological Seminary | Mansourieh, Lebanon
From ABTS: Our country is deeply wounded and many can barely make it through the day. Not very long-ago (Aug 2020) Beirut suffered from a horrific explosion, but if we look closely, we see God’s mercy extended to countless individuals and families who had lost so much. It is in this God that we place our trust and hope. We know that He has been working here when He seemed to be most absent. So, let us be united in prayer, as members of one Body, for He who sees all things also listens and answers according to His unsearchable wisdom.
- For our students who graduate in October and have completed their training. May the Lord continue to use them in His field, and may they continue to mature in His word as lifelong learners.
- For our 2022-2023 academic year: since the admission process is ongoing, please pray for our new students.
- For our Master of Theology program, which we launched in October 2022 starting with the Research Methodology Pray for the program’s first cohort. May their hearts and minds be ready for the academic journey that awaits them.
- That our students and graduates in all our programs are always Kingdom-minded and Christ-centered. Please pray that our Lord guides them on how to serve their people faithfully and humbly wherever He has placed them. Please pray for them as they put to good use what they have learned at seminary.
- For our faculty and leadership team, may they grow deeper in their knowledge and faithfulness to God.
- For Lebanon
Biblical Seminary of Colombia | Medellín, Colombia
- Thanksgiving that faculty and students are enthusiastically reaching the half-way mark of the second term of the school year
- Thanksgiving that a new coordinator of BINCO has been appointed. BINCO is our children’s library which serves kids on campus and from our neighborhood. The new coordinator is the wife of a student who has years of experience working with children.
- For our self-assessment of academic operations that is taking place. This is part of our regular cycle of self-evaluation to maintain and improve the quality of our educational service. It is also a requirement to maintain our high-quality accreditation.
- For our senior students who should have their research projects approved in order to graduate at the end of this year. Pray for them and their supervisors.
Conrad Grebel Theological School | Holguín, Cuba
- For the teachers and students
- That the political and social conditions in Cuba would be conducive to the ongoing initiatives of Overseas Council and reSource Leadership International
- For CGTS President Gonzalo Grimal and his family
- For the social, economic, and institutional situation in Cuba
- For the alleviation of COVID-related consequences that have been tremendous for their country in every sense. People need medicine, but mostly hope.
- For donors who feel a passion for Cuban theological education
Institute of Bible & Theology | Saigon, Vietnam
- Pray for Coung (pastoral and teaching roles) and Trang (library position)
Zarephath Bible Seminary | Rawalpindi, Pakistan
- ZBS is the only residential accredited seminary in Pakistan
- Many pastors and leaders are doing good work, but lacking theological education and training
- Pakistan is facing the most terrible situation caused by rains and floods unprecedented in our national history. Pray for Pakistan and its suffering people. Our economy is destroyed. Inflation is over 40%. Devaluation of the Pakistani rupee has brought great stress upon our lives. Our income has reduced by more than half while prices have increased 200-300%. Political instability is a major factor, along with the natural calamity. (Dr. Maqsood Kamil, Vice Principal of Gujranwala Theological Seminary)
- For the funds needed for Principal, Shabaz Boota, to get his PhD in the US (Missions Studies with a special focus on Muslim Evangelism and Mission work in Pakistan) so that he can continue to serve
- New SFL (Sponsor a Future Leader) partner school
- For ZBS’s financial struggles
- For their students in their various interests/calls
- Church planting: new areas, remote areas, mountain areas, towns, etc.
- Mission and evangelism
- Reaching Pakistani women (35% of student body is female)
- Professionals who want to learn the Word of God for their daily lives
Sponsor a Future Leader (SFL) (Student Sponsorships)
- For donors to continue supporting students’ studies in the majority world
- That we will continue to engage meaningfully with partner schools outside of the Cuba/Vietnam focus areas
- For the Bible school staff who administer the program
- For program growth: for more schools, students, and donors
- That the sponsored students may persevere and excel in their studies
- For our key schools:
- Arab Baptist Theological Seminary (Mansourieh, Lebanon)
- Biblical Seminary of Colombia (Medellín Colombia)
- Hanoi Bible College (Hanoi, Vietnam)
- Zarephath Bible Seminary (Rawalpindi, Pakistan)
- Bethlehem Bible College (Bethlehem, Palestine) – new
- Tyrannus Bible Seminary (Jawa Barat, Indonesia) – new
- Jordan Evangelical Theological Seminary (Amman, Jordan) – new
Faculty Development & Faculty Sponsorships
- For the 5 MA and 1 PhD students studying at the Islamic Study Centre at St. Paul’s University (Kenya), that they would be enriched and enabled to serve well and minister the gospel.
Hanoi Bible College (Hanoi, Vietnam)
- For HBC faculty member, Saralen Tran, who is working on a PhD Transformational Learning at Asia Pacific Nazarene Theological Seminary in the Philippines (in partnership with ScholarLeaders)
- For the 5 members of HBC’s leadership team doing DMins at Thailand Baptist Theological Seminary (in partnership with Local Leaders International and ScholarLeaders)
- For discernment in the selection and nurturing of other faculty to sponsor
Library Development & Books
Seed Publications (Vietnam Translation & Publishing)
- That Seed Publications Director, Thuy, and her new editorial assistant will be able to work efficiently and effectively to put quality Christian literature in the hands of theological students, pastors, and laypeople
- For Seed Publications to have favour as we seek to do the customs paperwork to import some journals that we will sell in Vietnam
- For wisdom in making decisions about which books to translate
- That increased sales will enable Seed Publications to become more self-sustainable.
Centre for Urban Mission’s Tafakari Centre (Nairobi, Kenya)
- For the Tafakari Community Centre to “serve the purpose of drawing people of Kibera to the loving-kindness of Jesus Christ. That it will be a place that connects people to God and to each other, a place of worship to God, the Jerusalem of Kibera.” (Archbishop of the Anglican Church of Kenya)
- For Nancy Wanjiku Njagi (Local Leaders International Regional Director) in the leadership and training she is providing in Kenya
- For the contractors and engineers, led by Triad Foundation, as they take up the task of re-building the Centre; for coordination among the construction teams and God’s wisdom as they work with the local community; and that the Lord would provide the funds required to complete the building and to kick start operations.
- The Tafakari Centre will include training rooms, a medical clinic, recreation spaces, and textile industry for job creation. Pray for the Centre to be a blessing to many.
Hanoi Bible College (Hanoi, Vietnam)
- For the blessing of having enrollment growth leading to the need for a larger campus
- For the finances to establish a new campus
- For the new campus to be a place of community, learning, and discipleship for the students who come from all over Vietnam