Pray For Us
Pray for our persecuted brothers and sisters around the world, that they would remain steadfast in their faith and committed to being salt and light where God has placed them.
“And pray in the Spirit on all occasions with all kinds of prayers and requests. With this in mind, be alert and always keep on praying for all the Lord’s people.”
Please join our team as we pray for the following needs:
In light of the COVID-19 pandemic, please pray:
- For the healing of those infected and for the safety and health of all those who work in health care and serve those who are ill;
- That those who must carry on with work/studies/activities would be protected from this virus;
- That God would protect our countries and give wisdom to our leaders, so that this cloud will pass with minimum effect;
- That the needs of those who are most vulnerable financially would be met during these hard times; and
- That believers in Christ may be a clear witness to or example of the love of Jesus for others, and that God would use this time to bring people closer to Him.
- Pray for the church in China, as it adjusts to constantly tightening restrictions of religious freedom, for Christians in ethnic minorities who have followed Jesus out of Islam or Buddhism (that they would find strength and fellowship) and pray that Christ will reveal Himself to government officials who seek to control the church. (Open Doors)
- Some time ago the Pakistani government expelled 18 Western NGOs from Pakistan, including World Vision. Pray for stability, peace and godly leadership development, so local leaders can act according to God’s love and for the sake of Christian witness. Also pray for unity and a growing maturity in the Pakistani churches. (ScholarLeaders)
- Please uphold Christians in India as they live amid political upheaval, continued restrictions on Christian ministries, and ongoing persecution of many Christian leaders. Over these past five years, under the present government, the Christian community has gone through a tremendously difficult time of atrocities and persecution. Efforts are being made to reconvert as many new Christians as possible back to Hinduism and to escalate anti-Christian violence, in the hope of spreading fear among Christians. Pray that God will work in the hearts of those bringing opposition.
- Also pray for the leadership of South Asia Institute of Advanced Christian Studies (Bangalore, India) as they seek to model Christlikeness and equip students to be scholar-saints who go out to serve the Lord in India and in other parts of Asia and the world. (ScholarLeaders)
- Hong Kong: Please pray for the following:
That the government would listen to the demands of the people and respond positively to the calls for reforming the police force and for promoting democracy;
That the protesters would not resort to desperate measures or generate further violence;
That people in our society, and Christians in particular, would have a genuine desire to listen to one another, without condemning harshly those with the opposite political position;
That God would grant His ministers humility and sensitivity to give pastoral care to Christians of all political positions, and that God would give them wisdom to preach the Word faithfully and gently in this difficult time;
That the Church would learn how to love and pastor the younger generation, many of whom have become disillusioned with both society and the Church; and,
That this time of trial would serve to deepen the spirituality of Christians in Hong Kong, that we would learn to live out a life of faith in God, yearning for righteousness, forgiveness, and forbearance. (Scholar Leaders – Kinyip Louie at China Graduate School of Theology)
Southeast Asia: Vietnam
- Pray for perseverance and wisdom for the translators at Seed Christian Literature in Hanoi, that they will produce quality literature for the church and that it will sell and help this fledgling company become self-sustainable.
- Pray for the leaders of Hanoi Bible College as they seek to implement the strategy they developed in March 2018 and work on plans for a future campus. Pray that the authorities will show favor to HBC.
- Pray for Christians in Hà Giang province to persevere in faith and for the HBC graduate who is ministering in this region.
- Pray the church in Hanoi and throughout Vietnam will continue to flourish and grow.
- Recently Hanoi Bible College had to shut down for a few weeks due to the corona virus. Pray that they will be able to make up the time lost so the second batch of students will be able to graduate sometime in June 2020. Pray that the different ethnic groups would bond well together and that the students would respect the different levels of general education and the different primary languages among them. Pray for God’s blessing on the ongoing training and mentoring of students, that they will learn to love God’s word and lead with humility.
- Pray for God’s wisdom among the leadership of HBC as they work to improve HBC’s academic program, moving toward accreditation with the Asia Theological Association. May they also be given God’s grace as they seek to identify and train Vietnamese faculty and staff.
- Pray that the Cuban Church will be able to respond to new social challenges and that it can continue its evangelizing mission with vigor. Pray for a bridge of understanding between the governments of the United States and Cuba.
- Pray for Godly leaders who will prioritize Haiti’s wellbeing and address the nation’s massive problems. A history of misrule, tyranny and rampant corruption has immersed the country in hopelessness and despair.
- Colombia recently opened a UN camp in the border town of Maicao. Please pray for the Colombian government and for the Church in Colombia as they work to provide food and shelter and respond to other urgent needs.
- Pray for the situation in the neighboring country of Venezuela. There are more than a million Venezuelan refuges in Colombia and many more in other countries of the region. (Scholar Leaders)
- As the people of Venezuela experience catastrophic leadership, pray there will be peaceful resolution without it becoming a military state. Pray that the political leadership would refuse the option of corruption and civil strife, instead bringing to the people honest and fair rule. Pray for Christians who, as salt and light, live the life of Christ in their civil society.
- Pray for the development of a new generation of leaders within the Brazilian Church, so it will accept their important strategic role in the difficult times they are facing.
- Pray for Costa Ricans and Latin Americans, as the Prosperity Gospel is spreading and pushing people to give offerings in exchange for miracles and healings. Pray that they will know that salvation is by faith in Christ alone and that they do not have to pay for God’s favour. (Scholar Leaders)
- Pray that God’s Word would continue to resonate in prisons in Ukraine and beyond as people behind bars find Christ.
- Please pray for an end to the ongoing war in Eastern Ukraine, which in the last four and a half years has claimed more than 10,000 lives.
- Langham Literature is at work creating a new one-volume Bible Commentary for Central and Eastern Europe, contributing to an indigenous body of scholarship and help for theologians, preachers and church leaders in that region. Please pray for all those involved in writing for and editing the Commentary and also pray for the new articles editor as he works on manuscripts that have been submitted – pray that these articles will be relevant to the Central Eastern European context. (The anticipated publishing date is the middle of 2022 – pray that there will not be further delays in reaching this deadline.)
- The Government Committee on Religion in Kyrgyzstan, which is responsible for licensing Christian educational institutions in the country, has approached Ukraine Evangelical Theological Seminary with a request for information about the essence of Christianity. On the one hand, it is a good opportunity for us to explain the core of what Christians believe. On the other hand, it is a great responsibility as the authorities will make decisions that will shape public policy towards the Christian minority based on our input. Please be in prayer for our involvement in this process.
- Pray that as the Church in the Middle East meets the immense and ongoing challenge of responding to the refugee crisis, it may be provided the necessary resources and respond in a Christ-like manner.
- Pray for the training of pastors within the evangelical churches in Egypt – as the Church grows and faces trials and persecution, solid leadership is essential.
- Please lift up Lebanon and the Middle East and pray for peace, for God to raise peacemakers among His followers, and for the church in the Arab world to be an agent of restoration, healing and reconciliation.
- Pray for the leaders of Israel and Palestine to find a way to come together with mutual respect to create our own peace agreement, for the peace of God to come upon the Palestinian people in a new way and for the Palestinian church not to lose hope but rather become a beacon of hope for our people. Bethlehem Bible College, Jack Sara, President
- A pastor of the Baptist Church of Baghdad in Iraq and Adjunct Professor for Arab Baptist Theological Seminary (ABTS) asks prayer for protection for his wife and daughter, their church to be more involved and effective in supporting the needs of the community around us, and our dream to start a primary school to help the next generation of children from Muslim families to obtain Kingdom values.
- ABTS students who come from Sudan request prayer for their country in this time of unrest.
- Pray for Dr. Stuart Brooking and Overseas Council Australia as they implement their Mile-Deep Strategy, which will deepen the spiritual life of the Church in Africa through resourcing the leadership development of the Church.
- Pray for the church in Tanzania, which is in need of strong theological leadership and biblical discipleship amid the prevalence of religious syncretism and witchcraft. (Global Scholars)
- The Democratic Republic of Congo has been affected for several years by social, political, and economic crises. The area around Bunia has experienced renewed conflict and the displacement of about 300,000 people. Pray forpeace to be restored in DRC. Pray for a stop to the violence and killing that has erupted in areas like Beni & Oicha areas of DR Congo.
- Ethiopia is preparing for a national election in 2020. These kinds of elections are often followed by violence, so please pray for the nation’s peace and stability. (Scholar Leaders)
- The Evangelical Theological College (ETC) is preparing to launch its MA program in Christian-Muslim Relations in August 2020. This will be the first and only graduate program, in the Horn of Africa, that focuses on Islamic Studies. Please pray for the provision of necessary resources, and wisdom for us during the student recruitment process and as we identify adjunct lecturers for the program. (Scholar Leaders)
- Please pray for the safety and health of the staff of Scholar Leaders in their travels and for the comfort and safety of families who remain at home while they are away. Also pray for their Vital SustainAbility initiative, that conversations with seminaries will model Christian love and wisdom and that additional qualified staff will be found to join their work.
- Pray for our persecuted brothers and sisters around the world, that they would remain steadfast in their faith and committed to being salt and light where God has placed them. (80% of the people who are persecuted in the world today are Christian.)