Hanoi Bible College, Vietnam
reSource is grateful to have participated in the planning for a Bible college in Hanoi. After much prayer, work and waiting, the Committee of Religious Affairs in Vietnam granted permission and Hanoi Bible College (HBC) opened with 25 students in the fall of 2013. In the past, due to limited opportunity for education in Vietnam, pastors and professors traveled elsewhere to gain the needed education.HBC now meets that need by training many Christian leaders in northern Vietnam, equipping pastors for the Church and serving the larger general Christian population as well.
Recent Developments at Hanoi Bible College
- In August of 2015 entrance exams were held for the second class of students (2015–2020). The Admissions Committee selected 30 candidates, all of whom began their studies later that month.
- There is a relatively small but growing library that students are learning to use.
- A website has been created (www.hbc.edu.vn.) with limited information about the school and links to various online services for students and faculty, including online learning and student information.
- A third floor construction project is completed, adding two classrooms, a library, a meeting room, and a faculty office. The first and second floors were renovated to make space for other offices and student living quarters.
- HBC made a down payment on a 10-hectare piece of land outside Hanoi for a future permanent campus and evangelical center.